The Beta 57A is designed for use with amplified or acoustic instruments. The compact grille design gets the microphone cartridge close to the sound source.
- Uniform supercardioid pattern with high gain-before-feedback
- Neodymium magnet for high signal-to-noise ratio
- Advanced pneumatic shock mount system
- Tailored frequency response provides drums, guitars, vocals, and horns with studio quality sound
- Hardened steel mesh grille that facilitates use of proximity effect and resists wear and abuse
- Minimally affected by varying load impedance
- Shure quality and reliability
The Shure Beta 57A™ is a high output supercardioid dynamic microphone designed for professional sound reinforcement and project studio recording. It maintains a true supercardioid pattern throughout its frequency range. This insures high gain-before-feedback, maximum isolation from other sound sources, and minimum off™ axis tone coloration.
Excellent for acoustic and electric instruments as well as for vocals, the extremely versatile Beta 57A dynamic microphone provides optimal warmth and presence. Typical applications include drums, guitar amplifiers, brass, woodwinds and vocals.
Dynamic (moving coil)
50 to 16,000 Hz
Supercardioid, rotationally symmetrical about microphone axis, uniform with frequency.
Output Level (at 1,000 Hz)
Open Circuit Voltage -51 dBV/Pa* (2.8 mV)
*1 Pa = 94 dB SPL
Rated impedance is 150 ohms (290 ohms actual) for connection to microphone inputs rated low Z.
Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3.
Three-pin professional audio connector (male XLR type).
Silver blue enamel-painted die cast metal with hardened, matte-finished steel mesh grille.
Adjustable Stand Adapter
Slip-in, adjustable through 180 degrees, with standard 5/8"-27 thread.
275 grams (9.6 oz)