Evolution 600 Series Side-Address Instrument Mic
Sennheiser’s e609 silver is a side-address, supercardioid dynamic instrument mic. Because it can handle extremely high SPLs, the e609 silver is ideal for miking guitar cabs. And, due to its light weight, it can be hung in front of a speaker easily, eliminating the need for another mic stand on a crowded stage. The same features make it great for toms, too.
- Hum compensating coil reduces electrical interference
- Neodynium ferrous magnet with boron keeps mic stable regardless of climate
- Metal construction—rugged and reliable
- Super-cardioid pick-up pattern provides isolation from other on-stage signals
- The e 609 Silver is based on the legendary MD 409 microphone. Able to withstand high SPLs without distorting, the e 609 Silver's flat-profile capsule facilitates extremely close miking of guitar cabinets and is also suitable for drum miking, particularly toms. The e 609 Silver's super-cardioid design improves isolation in live sound reinforcement and recording applications while its increased output and wider frequency response improves performance. Its sound inlet basket, made of refined steel, is distinguished by a unique silver address side.