$499.99 – Sold Out
Used Marshall JTM60 Head. s/n 964332646. In very good condition. The handle has a split in the leather, and the very bottom has some (expected) light scratches. Matching 4x10 Cab is also available!
The JTM 60 is easily capable of producing a wide range of usable quality tones, from glassy vintage clean, Bluesbreaker type singing lead and crunchy chord work, to full blown modern high gain crush. What’s more the controls are simple and intuitive to use. Whilst one should always bear in mind that taste in tone is very subjective here follows a few simple suggestions for getting some great sounds from your JTM 60.
Marshall Amplification has been inextricably linked with valve amplification since our very beginning in 1962. Products such as the original Bluesbreaker combos, JTM 45 and Super-Lead heads were all destined to be, and have become, classics in their own right. All of these special Marshalls produced their magical tone by driving the guitar through an all valve pre-amp into a pure valve power-amp. The JTM range carry on this grand tradition, but meet the demands of contemporary guitarists by providing features such as Channel Switching, Reverb, Effects Loop and Speaker Emulated output. Their all valve circuitry is capable of the fullest range of classic sounds from clean to crunch and high gain drive, with superb styling and specially designed ‘Heritage’ loudspeakers giving the JTM range the Vintage looks to match their Classic range of tones.
1) Footswitch Jack socket for connection of P801 Foot Pedal for channel switching.
2) Push Channel Switch Push switch for panel switching of the channel. The push switch is inoperative when the footswitch is connected.
3) Input Jack Jack socket for the input of the guitar.
4) Volume Control Controls the Volume of the Normal channel.
5) Bass Control Controls the lower frequencies or bottom end in the tone of the Normal channel.
6) Middle Control Controls the middle frequencies and fatness of the tone of the Normal channel.
7) Treble Control Controls the upper or treble frequencies in the tone of the Normal channel.
8) L.E.D. Indicates channel. Green-Normal Red-Boost.
9) Gain Control Controls the amount of Gain on the Boost channel.
10) Volume Control Controls the volume of the Boost channel.
11) Bass Control Controls the low end frequencies in the tone of the Boost channel.
12) Middle Control Controls the middle frequencies in the tone of the Boost channel.
13) Treble Control Controls the upper or treble frequencies in the tone of the Boost channel. Please Note The Tone Controls are interactive and adjusting one can effect the relative amounts of the others. Experimentation is the best way of finding your own personal favourites.
14) Parallel Effects Mix Control Governs the amount of effected signal in the overall tone when used in conjunction with external effects through the parallel loop (see items 3 and 4 of the JTM 60 rear panel functions).
15) Normal Reverb Controls the amount of Reverb on the Normal channel.
16) Boost Reverb Controls the amount of Reverb on the Boost channel.
17) Volume Controls the overall volume of the combo.
18) Standby Switch Controls the H.T. supply to the valves and allows the valves to remain heated when not in use.
19) Power Switch On / Off Switch for mains power to the amplifier.